Over the course of our professional careers as entrepreneurs and as Life Coaches and Business Coaches, Chris and I have learned that creating true prosperity isn’t only about money. It is, however, about changing your mind about money. True prosperity encompasses all areas of your life: Financial, Health, Career, Relationships, Spirituality.
Prosperity is a consciousness! Prosperity Consciousness means that you move away from looking at yourself and your world as lacking in any way, shape or form. This is an ‘act as if ’ position that has you consciously feeding your two minds: conscious and non-conscious with the same information. From this position, you actually re-program your mind and act as if you are living the life that you want.
To have a Prosperity Conscious Mindset and create the life you want means that you live your life with the following parameters:
• Live in the present moment. To live in the present moment means to live in the ‘now.’ This requires you to let go of the past and stop worrying about the future. Most people use the past as the measuring stick for their worthiness and for evaluating everything and everyone in the world. Whatever you are doing in any given moment, if your thoughts are elsewhere (past or future), you can not live authentically.
• Focus on what you have. Prosperity Consciousness means focusing on what you have, not on what you don’t have. Shift your focus to the resources, intelligence, basic needs that you already have and be thankful.
• Focus on what you want. Along with the inclination to focus on what we don’t have, is the tendency to focus on what we don’t want in our life. For example, the focus by most people is on not having enough money. According to the Law of Attraction, what you focus on expands, so be extremely aware of where your mind is and what it is concentrating on.
• Focus on results and solutions. Here’s a fact: unsuccessful people find excuses, successful people create results! Being ‘results oriented’ does not mean there will be no challenges in life. It does mean that you are willing to stop looking at situations as problems. A prosperous mind looks at all situations as opportunities to learn and create results and solutions. What you make of each situation, expected or not, is up to you!
• Focus on abundance. The media and advertisers inundate us with the message that ‘you are not enough.’ All advertising is based on the premise that you feel you are lacking in some way. You feel impoverished: not good looking enough, not rich enough, not smart enough, not thin enough. You get the picture! The truth is that there is unlimited abundance in the world. Money, food, opportunity. It is all there in infinite supply.
• Be grateful and appreciative for all that you are, all that you do, all that you have. To create and attract prosperity in your life you must first feel gratitude and appreciation for all that you already have. Even if it isn’t a lot, be it money, a home, a car, an intimate relationship, it is likely more than most others have. An attitude of gratitude is a sure-fire way to attract abundance into your life.
• Accept ‘what is.’ In order to create positive change in your life and attract prosperity, you must be willing to accept ‘what is’ right now. By doing this you diffuse the power that the past has over you and you will cease carrying it forward into the future. This was a huge shift in mindset for Chris and me and is very self-empowering. By accepting what is, you begin to allow all the other parameters of Prosperity Consciousness to expand.
• Make service your ‘why’ in life. Sir Winston Churchill said, ‘We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.’ If what you do is only for personal advancement and satisfaction then you may want to consider making a shift to ‘being of service.’ Service isn’t only about your job or career. It is about all of your relationships, personal and professional, and how you contribute full-out to make them the best they can be. It is also about how you treat yourself in consciousness. This includes your mind, body and spirit. When you make service an integral part of your prosperity conscious program, you will be amazed at how many doors will open for you.
By following these parameters you can begin to create a positive shift for your life. Your mindset will create your physical reality. When you understand that you have unlimited potential and capability to create all forms of prosperity, you will be amazed at the results you achieve!